Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Updating my blog from my brand new laptop!

My Christmas present to myself arrived today! I got a new Toshiba laptop in the online deals on Black Friday, it cost less than $450! Now I'm getting used to the new keyboard, which is somewhat difficult but it just takes time :) Tomorrow I'll install my Garmin software, it's going to be so nice to upload my data from runs again!

It was miserable out today, so I had to go to the gym and use the dreadmill to get my workout in. So Dave picked me up after work and we headed over there. I had four miles on my schedule, so I headed to the treadmill and did about 4.1 miles in 40 minutes, I walked about .3 of it between warm up and cool down. It felt pretty easy even though time goes by sooooo slowly when I'm not running outside but I got it done and that's what matters. After I ran, I had to lift which I have been putting off since Monday because I'm exhausted but I did it. It was Stage 1 Week 4 Workout A from the New Rules of Lifting for Women, so I had:
  • squats - 65 lbs
  • rows - 25 lbs
  • pushups  with feet on stability ball
  • step ups - 40 lbs 
  • prone jackknife
I was dying by the end of my workout because while it may be short I push myself to the limit on each exercise and it was even harder than usual after a run, I usually try to do it on a run rest day and a run day with less than 3 miles but that option is being phased out as my runs become longer. I'm sure I'll get used to it and it will pay off :)

This week so far:

Monday: elliptical 10 minutes, PT exercises for about 30 minutes, PT work done to me for about 30 minutes, walk 25 minutes fast
Tuesday: run 30 minutes (3 miles), stretching routine
Wednesday: run 40 minutes (just over 4 miles), lift 20 minutes, stretching routine

Planned for the rest of the week:

Thursday: run 3 miles, PT and whatever that includes, stretching and foam rolling
Friday: Stage 1 Week 4 Workout B in the am since I'm going out after work
Saturday: run 4-5 miles, power yoga
Sunday: run 8-10 miles, lots of stretching and foam rolling

No comments: