Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Injuries that just don't stay away.

Since this summer, I've been dealing with a calf injury. My official diagnosis is basically shin splints though. And I'm in physical therapy. But it's getting worse not better and I don't think it's just shin splints. It affects my calf, my arch, my knee and my shins. I feel like there is a vice tightening around my calf when it's really bad. Then there's the foot numbness that the doctor's have not figured out yet, which I feel should be a priority but they seem to think just deal with the shin splints and it will all go away, well I disagree. I'm getting really frustrated because I cannot run fast, I cannot run hard and I cannot run over 20 miles a week it seems without the pain reoccurring. I think all my race plans for 2010 are officially on hold and I will be trying to get to the bottom of this, cross train and hopefully resume running again, slowly in hopes of a fall 2010 or a 2011 race ... makes me sad but it's not the end of the world. I'm 22, I have many running years in front of me.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Oh no!! I hope that you find a way to be injury free and meet your goals. Happy Holidays!