Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A relatively nice weekend

Hello all!

It's been a good weekend. On Friday night, Dave met me in Boston and we went out with an old friend of mine from college. It was really good to see her again and to meet her boyfriend. Another one of our figure skating teammates also came out and even though I had to leave soon after she arrived, it was really good to see her too! I wish we lived in the city so that I could see my friends more often without the commute. Dave and I took the train back, I had had a few drinks and fell asleep on the ride back. I usually sleep on my commute in and out of work on the train, so I'm very good at sleeping on trains these days.

I did pay for those few drinks the next morning on my 4 miler. I headed out in what was supposed to feel like 15 degree weather. Well, I was wayyyy overdressed. Then my feet felt like lead and I just didn't feel like I was in a groove at all. I was hoping to do a marathon pace run (9:09ish) … my splits were

Mile 1: 8:56, avg HR 159

Mile 2: 9:02, avg HR 164

Mile 3: 9:07, avg HR 165

Mile 4: 9:07, avg HR 169

Total: 4.0 miles, 36:15, average pace 9:03, average HR 165

Not bad despite feeling off to the whole time. After my run, cooled down, made a recovery smoothie, changed and headed to power yoga. It was a good class but it's still hard for me. I think I need to go more than once a week but I just don't have the time, which stinks. After yoga, I continued my morning of work outs and headed to the gym to meet Dave. I did 10 minutes of hill warmup on the elliptical, then tried to do some pull ups (did 2!) and then did my lifting session: deadlifts (total weight 95lbs), shoulder press (25lbs each hand), lat pull down (70lbs), lunges (30lbs total), and stability ball crunches with a 25lb plate. It was a tough workout after everything else that morning.

My afternoon consisted of a Target trip with my Nana, a nap, a trip to the mall to buy part of Dave's present and Trader Joe's. I watched the Bruins and Celts with my dad then headed to bed.

I had about 10 miles on the schedule today, so I got up around 7:30 to get some food into me and then dallied around until 8ish. Headed out for my warm up around 8:20. Goal pace for LSR is 10:09-10:39, HR 150-165ish.

Mile 1: 9:52, avg HR 134 – felt good, trying to slow down but since my HR wasn't high I kind of let it go

Mile 2: 9:54, avg HR 157 – still getting in a groove, my left calf was a light tight and crampy but loosening up

Mile 3: 9:42, avg HR 160 – woah too fast and this was a hilly-ish mile too

Mile 4: 9:27, avg HR 159 – definitely too fast

Mile 5: 9:44, avg HR 165 – HR too high … one hill in particular caused it. There's a hill on Dave's street that always gets me

Mile 6: 10:04, avg HR 156 – stopped at Dave's house for him to join me and I took a GU. Take off my gloves since I'm pretty warm now.

Mile 7: 10:12, avg HR 156 – Dave is good at pacing me. This is where I should have been the whole time.

Mile 8: 10:24, avg HR 157 – a little slow but within the range I want. Miles 7 and 8 are hilly.

Mile 9: 10:48, avg HR 151 – included a stop to get a rock out of my shoe, I hit lap instead of start/stop

Mile 10: 9:53, avg HR 153 – stopped and got a Gatorade for once I got home on this mile. Felt pretty good still

Total: 10.0 miles, 1:40:06, average pace 10:00, average HR 155

I went a got a massage about 2 hours after my run, it was much needed! My back, ITBs and calves needed some work. I need to go more often since I think it really helps. Met Dave and friend for lunch and Patriots watching after my massage but I wasn't feeling too great and the Pats were not playing too well so I left at halftime. Watched the second half at home and then just relaxed. Went back to Target for some gift shopping, made sugar cookies and watched the season finale of Dexter. WOW. What a twist. I knew it would be crazy but this was just wow. I'm not sure I like it but …. It had to happen I guess.

Off to bed now, busy work week ahead but it's my last full week before intersession. Only 7.5 days left then 10 days off! I love working for a University!

Goodnight L RHR 165

No comments: