Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

MIA

I've been on a bit of a running hiatus since last week's 5K. My foot has been bothering me again, I think it's just a mild case of tendonitis but I'm resting and icing to not make it worse.
I did run once this week, 3x800s on the treadmill on Wednesday and it actually felt really good but my foot ached afterwards so I won't run today. I think I'll take this weekend off, bike and do yoga instead, maybe run once or twice before my 10K on the 12th and see how I'm feeling. If this little break doesn't do the trick, I'll have to head back to the doctor and I really hope it doesn't come to that.
This injury has also affected my planned marathon training. I was planning on starting an 18 week marathon training program on Oct 19th for The Breast Cancer Marathon on February 21. Unfortunately it's looking less likely that I will be ready to start training by then. Plus, I was already worried about training for a warm weather marathon in the New England winter. So now I'm looking at a DC Marathon in March or possibly Nashville in April, I think. If I do DC, the boyfriend has family there so that would be nice and if I do Nashville, I have family there. So hopefully one of these two relatively later winter/early spring marathons works out and I can start training soon.
So that's my update for now. Hopefully I'll have a good cycling and yoga weekend along with the hours of studying I have to do for an exam Tuesday.

No comments: