Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Running with my dog

My chocolate lab is one of my running partners. Or really, my only running partner right now except for the boyfriend who will run with me when he feels like it. And well, Remy, my chocolate lab, isn't the most consistent runner. She gets so excited when she realizes that we're going running that she takes off on the first mile. I basically just let her drag me until we get into a relatively steady rhythm. Then we hit our turnaround point at 1.3 miles and it's my turn to drag her home. She's got to learn about endurance, can't go out so fast.

When I run with Remy, we usually do a 2.6 mile out and back and then I drop her off at home. She gets to lay in the grass and catch her breath while I finish my run. I really do love her company on those 2.6 miles though. She stays by my side (well kind of), keeps me company and makes me feel safe. I hope I can get her up to about 4 mile runs eventually but we will see. For that, not only does she have to learn how to pace herself better but I have to try and find a slightly different route which is hard in my town which lacks consistent sidewalks to run on. I find it really unfortunate how many towns around here do not have sidewalks that make it safe for people to go out for a walk or run in their neighborhood. Although, I personally only run on sidewalks when I'm with Remy because I prefer the feel of the road but it's just not safe enough with her.

So Remy and I ran tonight. She did 2.6 miles and I did 3.1.

Stats:
Miles - 3.1
Time - 26:36, avg 8:35 min/mile
Mile 1 - 8:29
Mile 2 - 8:40
Mile 3 - 8:37
Mile 3-3.10 - 8:15 min/mile pace
Calories - 326

I just iced my foot which I tweaked somehow on the run and now it's time to relax and watch the Red Sox.

Have a good night!

No comments: