Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Long weekend

On Friday, my mom and I flew out of Boston at 6:15am, we got into NC around 10:15am. Then we hung out at the mall there and ate lunch. My brother picked us up around 12:45pm. Then we circled around Jacksonville, NC for about an hour fighting over which GPS direction's to take. Finally we settled that and headed out, back to Boston. After a long drive full of unhealthy food, loud music (thanks Cody), some fighting, rain, slow speed limits with cops all around and in a packed to the brim car, we made it back to Boston around 3:15am. I crawled into bed and didn't wake up until Saturday afternoon.

I was not up for any physical activity on Saturday, I was bone tired. So we just did some grocery shopping, relaxing and movie watching before heading to bed early.

I slept in again this morning, missing my yoga class. But sometimes sleep needs to win especially on a weekend with a long car ride with barely any sleep. When I did wake up, I got all my stuff together and headed to the Y to swim. I swam 1600 yards in about 45 minutes and felt the strongest I have felt since I started swimming. The lessons are really paying off it seems. I'm thrilled. After my swim, I went for a 1:05 bike ride, covering 16.05 miles. I got a bit lost in some neighborhoods on this ride but it was enjoyable just riding around and enjoying the gorgeous day. When I got back from my ride, my mom wanted me to run with her, so we did an easy 3 miles at a nice pace.

It was a good day of training to end the weekend on. I spent the afternoon resting, and watching the Masters. Now it's time to get ready for the week ahead. I hope it's a good training week.

No comments: